September 03, 2006

Good Grief!

Peanuts was a syndicated daily comic strip written and drawn by American cartoonist Charles M. Schulz, which ran from October 2, 1950 to the day after Schulz's death, February 13, 2000. The strip was one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium. Charlie Brown is the principal character of Peanuts.


Charlie Brown wins our heart with his losing ways. It always rains on his parade, his baseball game, and his life. He's an inveterate worrier who frets over trifles (but who's to say they're trifles?). He can be spotted a mile away in his sweater with the zig-zag trim, head down, hands in pocket, headed for Lucy's psychiatric booth. He is considerate, friendly and polite and we love him knowing that he'll never win a baseball game or the heart of the little red-haired girl, kick the football Lucy is holding or fly a kite successfully. His friends call him "wishy-washy," but his spirit will never give up in his quest to triumph over adversity.

Here are my all-time favorite Charlie Brown quotes:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.

I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter like unrequited love!


My anxieties have anxieties.

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."

I got a "C" in everything. I'm a straight "blah" student!

Years are like candy bars. We're paying more, but they're getting shorter.

There must be millions of people all over the world who never get any love letters . . . I could be their leader.

Sometimes you lie in bed at night, and you don't have a single thing to worry about...That always worries me!

It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.


I'm not a poor loser, I'm a good loser. I'm so good at it I lose all the time!

That's the secret to life... replace one worry with another.

How can we lose when we're so sincere?

Hapiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

Life is like an ice cream cone...you have to learn to lick it.


Good grief, indeed!

No comments: