April 09, 2006
Here are 40 random things you (probably) don't know about me:
1. When I smile, I have at least five dimples.
2. I admit I can be a bit of a tease.
3. My first love was also my first heartbreak.
4. I cannot help but ask WHY all the time. And I cannot help but admire the people who can answer my questions.
5. When I was two years old, I came out on the cover of Panorama as the New Year Baby sitting atop a piano in nothing but a panty, a sash and a party hat. My parents bought 100 copies of that issue and gave it to everyone they knew. (No, I am not showing you the magazine even if you paid me.)
6. I weep unabashedly at sad movies.
7. I find it easier to make friends with men than women.
8. I am very good at solving crosswords.
9. My husband believes I am a drama queen. And I believe he is right.
10. I am inherently shy. (Please stop snickering.) I really am. I just make an effort to overcome it.
11. My most fervent prayers almost always come true and this makes me feel extremely blessed.
12. I am a chocolate fiend.
13. The first time I got drunk, I ended up in the emergency room of a hospital!
14. I laugh even when I want to cry.
15. For some reason I cannot fathom, people always say I look familiar the first time I meet them.
16. Once, when I was eighteen, a guy suddenly got out of his yellow Volkswagen and approached the car where I was sitting with the window open. He said he just had to tell me I was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his life. All I could muster in reply was: Thank you! To this day, I recall the incident whenever I glimpse a yellow Volkswagen on the road.
17. I am ridiculously competitive.
18. I am so happy and content with whom I chose to marry.
19. Gays like being around me. And I don’t mind at all.
20. I wish I were better at verbalizing my strongest feelings.
21. I think vegetarianism is best suited for rabbits.
22. I do not and will not ever regret giving up my own career to work on becoming a better mother.
23. I feel incomplete when my nails aren’t done.
24. I am a closet nerd.
25. My family means the world to me.
26. I memorize the lyrics of all my favorite songs.
27. I have not outgrown my not-so-hidden desire for Richard Gomez.
28. I am fiercely opinionated but I strive not to impose my beliefs on others.
29. I am so relieved my firstborn turned out to be a boy. I suspect that raising a daughter will be a much more complicated task.
30. Back in college, I saw this cute guy at a party. I was so enthralled by him that when I got home, I immediately wrote a poem inspired by him entitled “Beginnings.” Nine years later, that same poem was printed on the CDs of love songs that were given as souvenirs on the day of my wedding….to that same cute guy.
31. Sometimes, I cannot believe how lucky I am.
32. Birds terrify me.
33. I am highly intuitive. There are times I know something will happen before it happens.
34. Don’t make me angry. You won’t like it when I’m angry.
35. I am a hopeless clutz. I trip over anything and bump into everything.
36. I am a natural born worrier although I try not to show it.
37. I was always the teacher’s pet.
38. I am not good at keeping secrets.
39. I am smarter than what I let on.
40. I feel powerful when I write.